I like this picture of Elijah. I feel it embodies the chaos I experience on a day to day basis.

Since October, the boys have decided that our main front window needs seasonally appropriate decorations. Elijah traced his hands to create winter gloves to hang in the window, and Gabriel drew these adorable anime style snowmen.


Benjamin is getting bigger and oh-so-expressive. He offers more smiles than he used to, but still gives plenty of stink-eyes. Oh, and see that picture in the middle? Yes, that is a chocolate chip. He was storing it in his ear for emergency snacking purposes. That was the day he had his first, and possibly last, chocolate chip cookie.

Aren't these pretty? They are kale chips (Thanks for the recipe Molly!). David John loved these "green chips" but my other boys weren't as impressed. I liked them initially, but found the aftertaste too strong for me. February has been a depressing month in the healthy food arena. I am discovering that I do not like so many things that sound delicious and are good for my body. This month I tried and eliminated the following items from my "Healthy Food Sarah Likes" list: kale chips, sweet potato chips, Greek yogurt, salmon and white bean salad and cauliflower soup. In good news, after years of not getting along with brussel sprouts, we are on speaking terms.

I guess heart cookies are becoming a tradition because we made them again this year and the boys were gung-ho about decorating. We used the cookies to give some of our neighbors "heart attacks" which included a plate of heart cookies, a note about how awesome the neighbors are and several decorative paper hearts. The boys loved sneaking around at night and doorbell ditching. They called themselves "injas" (aka ninjas). They also loved getting to eat some of their own creations. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the sugar in these sugar cookies was on top and not in the batter.




Here is David John in his favorite shirt. He can read it himself, "I am master of disaster!" Yes, yes you are.
While at my mom's house, Gabriel decided he wanted to knit. My mom gave him some yarn. The other boys wanted some too. Boys + yarn = giant spider web. This poor pull-toy caterpillar was the first victim to be caught. The web was massive starting in the kitchen downstairs (it even went in the fridge) and going up the stairs to the hallway on the second floor. It made moving about the house very exciting. I confess to pretending to be Catherine Zeta Jones in the movie Entrapment when negotiating the strings.

"Say cheese," I said. This is what I got. Maybe they didn't know they should smile while saying cheese?

Valentines Day flowers from the hubby. Marc's favorite flower + Sarah's favorite color= Awww. They smelled great too. I sure love that guy.

For our final picture, here is proof that Benjamin is indeed a Ricks. He is eating popcorn off of the floor. He will get popcorn anyway he can, even if he has to steal it, climb on top of the table for it or crawl away while getting his clothes changed. Apparently the popcorn addiction gene is a dominant one.
:) Gideon loves to knit webs, too. He also likes to hid my yarn balls in the fridge and make me follow a criss-crossing, tangly trail of yarn to the "treasure."
ReplyDeleteVery cute boys. Those cookies and window decorations and expressive little boys are gorgeous. Melted chocolate chips in ears. . . not so much.