There is a whole list of things that have happened in my life that I thought would never happen. I.E. I thought that I would never be the victim of a burglary, I never imagined that my husband would be arrested for kidnapping me, I certainly didn't picture myself getting married at 18 or ever living in Cleveland and there was a long period of time in which I really believed that I would never have children. More than all of these, however, I think I truly never expected to actually turn 30.
Somehow, it happened anyway. I'm not sure why, or how exactly. Being young has kind of always been my "thing". I had a June birthday so I was always one of the youngest in my class. I got married young, graduated college after 3 years and became a young teacher and I have been told repeatedly that I am far too young to have this many kids. Turning 30 means I will have to get an entirely new identity. If I am not the young student, the young wife, the young teacher or the young mother, then who am I?
It could have been a somewhat depressing day when I woke up to find that I was no longer a twenty-something. It could have been the kind of day which would force me to take in 30 stray cats in honor of my birthday and adopt a the persona of crazy cat lady. Every neighborhood needs one. It could have been that kind of day, but it wasn't. In fact, it was a great day.
I received kind gifts of chocolate, rainbow pens and post-it notes and beautiful sunflowers.
Marc babysat no less than nine little boys so that I could go have a delicious and girly birthday lunch with my friends. I am really going to miss these ladies.
We had awesome Vietnamese food at #1 Pho. So good!
To top it all off, Molly brought some amazing lemon cupcakes with raspberry cream icing.
Thank you to all of my friends for making my birthday so fun and reminding me that thirty-somethings can be just as cool as twenty-somethings maybe even more so. I love you guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment