On the flight from Chicago to Utah Elijah casually mentioned that while we were there he planned to go "mountain climbing". I had no idea this was on his agenda. Rebecca and I decided to oblige the little boys on our first morning in the mountain state. Kaleb came along and was a tremendous help. As we drove up to the squaw peak trailhead, the boys saw some snowcapped mountains and asked if we could climb all the way up and play in the snow. We had to break the bad news that we were not equipped with harnesses and ice picks and clamps. In the end, they were very satisfied with the hike we did and felt as if they truly climbed the mountain. I had forgotten how breathtaking and beautiful Utah can be, even during the relatively brown month of March. After our hike, the boys spent some time stacking rocks and making little miniature pyramids. I think building with rocks must be some sort of primal male urge. I liked looking back at the little mounds as we left, the remainders of a short-lived toddler civilization. I hope you enjoy these photos of our mountain climbing adventures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment